2018 Lyon and the Beaujolais
Now and then DOUBLOON TOURS ventures a bit farther from home in search of the roots of our unique culture.
L'ART DE VIVRE EN FRANCE: Wine and Gastronomy in Lyon and its Wine Regions
November 8-17, 2018
Only 15 spots available on this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
We had so much fun on our 2017 trip, we decided to go back! In November 2018, DOUBLOON TOURS will head straight for Lyon, gastronomic capital of France, for a wine and gastronomy adventure. We will take in the sights of this stunning UNESCO World Heritage city and dine at typical local restaurants, from a brasserie to a "bouchon" to two celebrated Michelin-starred grands restaurants in Lyon (the chance of a lifetime!). Heading out into the nearby wine country, we'll tour the upper Rhone Valley and the Beaujolais, tasting and learning as we go. Of course we'll visit the famous food market (Les Halles) in Lyon and soak up the local savoir-faire with a master class in wine appreciation and also an introduction to cheeses of the region. This trip is planned to coincide with the arrival of the Beaujolais Nouveau on November 15 (at midnight), so prepare to celebrate this beloved French ritual in the heart of the Beaujolais region before we return home (with a bottle or two), just in time for Thanksgiving!
Trip cost: [tentatively $4,600]
Tour cost includes:
- Round trip airfare from New Orleans to Lyon
- 8 nights accommodation (double occupancy) at a 4-star hotel in the heart of Lyon (with breakfast)
- Dinner at La Mère Brazier (rated 2 Michelin stars**) - Chef Mathieu Viannay
- Dinner at another grand restaurant (rated at least 2 Michelin stars**)
- Celebrate the arrival of the Beaujolais Nouveau 2018 with a gala evening (dinner + cabaret performance) in the heart of the Beaujolais region (a real treat!)
- Transportation to/from Lyon Airport
- Tour of the Rhone Valley wine region, with vineyard visit, tasting, and delicious country meal at the winemaker's home
- Tours in the city of Lyon by coach, boat, and on foot
- 2 additional dinners in Lyon
- Assorted tastings (wines, cheeses, etc.)
- A Lyon City Card: free access to 22 museums; unlimited free use of public transportation; exclusive shopping offers; price reductions at various entertainment venues
- Free time in Lyon (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to wander, sightsee, discover, relax, sip coffee or wine, dine, and shop
- Tour leader/guide with group and on site at all times
Register now and secure your place! Only 15 spots available.
If you'd like to inquire further, send an email or call Michael at 504 491-2669.
To secure your spot, you'll need to send a check for $1,500 (payable to DOUBLOON TOURS) to:
DOUBLOON TOURS, 1821 Delachaise St., New Orleans, LA 70115
The payment schedule is as follows:
$1,500 deposit due immediately
$1,500 due April 1
$1,600 (or balance) due May 1
Download a trip flyer.
comments powered by Disqus