2017 Lyon and the Beaujolais
November 9-18, 2017
Now and then DOUBLOON TOURS ventures a bit farther from home in search of the roots of our unique culture.
L'ART DE VIVRE EN FRANCE: Wine and Gastronomy in Lyon and its Wine Regions
November 9-18, 2017
Only 15 spots available on this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
In November 2017, DOUBLOON TOURS will head straight for Lyon, France, a gastronomic capital of the world, for a wine and gastronomy adventure. We will take in the sights of this stunning UNESCO World Heritage city and dine at typical local restaurants, from a brasserie to a "bouchon" to two celebrated Michelin-starred grands restaurants in Lyon (the chance of a lifetime!). Heading out into the nearby wine country, we'll tour the upper Rhone Valley and the Beaujolais, tasting and learning as we go. Of course we'll visit the famous food market (Les Halles) in Lyon and soak up the local savoir-faire with a master class in wine appreciation and also an introduction to cheeses of the region. This trip is planned to coincide with the arrival of the Beaujolais Nouveau, so prepare to celebrate this beloved French ritual before we return home (with a bottle or two), just in time for Thanksgiving!
Estimated Trip cost: $4,500 (cost to be finalized by early Feb.)
Tour cost includes:
- Round trip airfare from New Orleans to Lyon
- 8 nights accommodation (double occupancy**) at a 4-star hotel in the heart of Lyon (with breakfast)
- Dinner at La Mère Brazier (rated 2 Michelin stars**) - Chef Mathieu Viannay
- Dinner at the Auberge du Pont de Collonges (rated 3 Michelin stars***) - Chef Paul Bocuse!
- Access to the Beaujolais Nouveau 2017 the moment it is released for consumption
- Transportation to/from Lyon Airport
- Tour of the Beaujolais wine region, with vineyard visit and tasting
- Tour of the Rhone Valley wine region, with vineyard visit and tasting
- Tours in the city of Lyon by coach, boat, and on foot
- 2 additional dinner in Lyon
- 2 lunches
- Assorted tastings (wines, cheeses, etc.)
- A Lyon City Card: free access to 22 museums; unlimited free use of public transportation; exclusive shopping offers; price reductions at various entertainment venues
- Free time in Lyon (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to wander, sightsee, discover, relax, sip coffee or wine, dine, and shop
- Tour leader/guide with group and on site at all times
Register now and secure your place! Only 15 spots available.
If you'd like to inquire further, send an email or call Michael at 504 491-2669.
To secure your spot, you'll need to send a check for $1,500 (payable to DOUBLOON TOURS) to:
DOUBLOON TOURS, 1821 Delachaise St., New Orleans, LA 70115
The payment schedule will be posted soon.
comments powered by Disqus